Vash - in this journey called Life

A soldier of love and peace. Let me share the events of my journey, and as my journey intersects with the journeys of the people in my life, I will share their journeys as well.

3.07.2005

New partner

My Celeron 2GHz and I have been a great team for the past few months and together, we have solved a lot of problems. However, times change, people change, and yes, PCs change. Last Friday a batch of P4s arrived and one of the early recipients of that batch was the IT Helpdesk. Since Friday and Saturday are my days off, I did not see the unit assigned to me until yesterday. And yesterday was a period of transition. I transferred all my files from my Celeron to my new P4 then I installed all the applications I needed for my job. Next thing I did was to customize the settings of my PC to mirror, more or less, the settings of my Celeron. And finally, I bid goodbye to my Celeron as I removed it from my station and installed the P4 in it's place. I tested the performance of my new machine, and I have to say, I was greatly impressed.

To my old Celeron, which will remain by my side until such time when it is pulled out, it's been a pleasure knowing and working with you.


Roselle and I watched Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events last Saturday. The movie was okay. Jim Carrey was Jim Carrey and the story was interesting enough. Interesting kids. The eldest was a girl, and she was an ingenious inventor. Reminded me of McGyver. Do you name his first name? An old acquaintance told me it was Menemis. Remember how he introduced himself in some episodes? Hi, Menemis McGyver.' Yeah I know, corny, hahaha. Anyways, the second kid, a boy, was a bookworm. The books he read turned out to be very useful in their adventures. The youngest was a baby girl who had a penchant for biting things. Very useful habit too. It helps a lot when you don't have a can opener around. All in all, my hundred bucks was good enough to entertain me for an hour and a half.

Random thoughts

To push for a sat-sun off or not? Basically a question of whether I want more time for work and business or a more normal social life.

I was finally able to swim a lap with the breast stroke last Friday. Hurray.

Good news: I swam 3 laps of breast stroke last Saturday. Bad news: The alumni office was closed last Saturday so now I don't have swimming passes for this week. Question: When do I go to La Salle for those passes? My week seems to be loaded.

It's been very cold these past few nights. Very conducive for sleeping. The problem is waking up at 4am the following day. Arrggg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home