Vash - in this journey called Life

A soldier of love and peace. Let me share the events of my journey, and as my journey intersects with the journeys of the people in my life, I will share their journeys as well.

4.07.2005

new toy

Took me a year, but I finally got my hands on a dvd player. It's a Xenon 820. It's darn cheap, has more features than the branded ones, and is supported by Pioneer. And yes, it plays DVDs regardless of region (and pirated ones *evil grin*).


I felt a great sense of loss when I heard about the pope's death. I remember braving the huge multitude of people in Luneta ten years ago when the pope visited the Philippines for the World Youth Day. Why did I go there? Was it because my friends went there too? Perhaps. Was it because the pope was a huge celebrity? Maybe. But I feel though, deep inside, probably in my subconscious, the reason I wanted to see the pope was that I considered him as the closest tangible thing to God. I mean, the pope was God's highest representative here on earth! Had I been able to shake his hands back then, I'm sure I would have felt like it was shaking the hands of God. I got a text message asking me to wear black or white tomorrow, April 8, the pope's burial, as a sign of gratitude for the pope's kindness and compassion to all Filipinos. Yes, I will wear black (I would have preferred white since it's so hot these days but I don't have a white shirt) to show my gratitude to this great person I never spoke with but have always admired.

I guess this diet's going to have to take a backseat for a few days. Much as I want to cut down on carbs and sugar, the stress levels of work require me to take in more carbs and sugar for quick energy. I take solace in the fact that reinforcements are on the way. I'll just have to survive the next few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home