Hot Subic 3
Brandy, revisited.
April 8, the highlight of the Subic trip. We went to Ocean Adventure to see the dolphin show as well as the sea lion show. These two shows are specifically why we went to Subic in the first place.
We first saw the sea lion show. There was an unscheduled performance in the morning and we decided to see it; we were just in time for it. The show had just began when we entered the theater. I was surprised at what I saw. There was not one, but two sea lions performing! The first one was named Simba. The second one, probably the biggest live sea lion I have ever seen, was a giant named Kobe. He was also my first live sea 'lion'. He was huge and he had something like a lion's mane around his neck. They performed as I expected, having seen the show a few years back, but my wife was absolutely thrilled. After the show, I decided that we will come back for the afternoon show.
Next was the dolphin show. The show was surprisingly different from the one I saw before. The previous show highlighted 3 false killer whales. This one had one false killer whale and 5 different breeds of dolphins. The show was great and Roselle was delighted! After the show, we signed up for a picture with the dolphin. The picture was a bit pricey at P650 but it was a good experience. We both got to touch and feed a dolphin, then we both got to get our pictures taken with another dolphin. Since there were two of us, our pictures were taken twice. For the first photo, it had my wife touching the dolphin's nose. The second photo showed me touching the dolphin's nose. We could only get one photo printed but the photo center was generous enough to take pictures of our shots displayed in their monitor so we can just print it later ourselves. We left the photo center very happy indeed.
We went back to the sea lion show, and this one showed a different pair. I forgot the name of the other sea lion, but the first one was Brandy, the sea lion who performed in the show I saw a few years ago! The routines were exactly the same but watching it again was no less delightful. We had our pictures taken with the sea lion as well. This photo session was a lot more fun than the dolphin photo session since we got to stand beside the sea lion and we also got to let the sea lion kiss us on the cheek! Our friend smelled like fish, but the experience was just so much fun. Overall, the Ocean Adventure experience did not disappoint.
We asked our taxi driver to drop us off at the Subic Freeport Exchange where we saw the cheap shoes and wines. And the curse of the shoe got to me again! No more shoes sized 10.5" and above! Ack! I felt so devastated. I was looking forward to buy a pair. Oh well. We went ahead and bought our Bailey's bottles and then proceeded to the nearby Meat Cafe for dinner. We then went back to our hotel with all our goodies...and no new pair of shoes for me.
When I got back to Manila, I learned from James and Liezel that the bottle of Bailey's we bought in Subic for P660 was sold in Cash and Carry for a little over P500. %$$#$#^R$%###$!
Vash - in this journey called Life

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home