Vash - in this journey called Life

A soldier of love and peace. Let me share the events of my journey, and as my journey intersects with the journeys of the people in my life, I will share their journeys as well.

6.29.2008

Another One Bites the Dust

Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao destroys David Diaz via 9th round TKO.

Many things happened today. First: Eric's birthday. I greeted him this morning. He acknowledged my message with a request to spend the night at our place. Apparently, he has some big issues right now and he needs someone to talk to. After consulting with Roselle, I told him it was okay.

Second: Tacloban's Pintados. The annual festival was a disappointment, to say the least. Much has been said about it and I was looking forward to it. Unfortunately, there were only 4 or 5 floats that looked nice and there were less than a handful performances. Good thing we had a really good lunch at Giuseppe's and afternoon snacks at Bo's Coffee. Oh well. Hopefully, my next Pintados will be better.

Third: Pacquiao vs. Diaz. I was really afraid for Manny on this one because it's his first match in a higher weight division, he's fighting a champion, and Diaz is huge. Manny buffed up for the fight, Diaz slimmed down. But it turned out I had nothing to fear at all. Manny outclassed Diaz from round one up to the deciding 9th. A few seconds before the 9th ended, Diaz fell hard to the canvas. The referee didn't even bother to count. He gave the match to Pacquiao via 9th round TKO. Go Manny!

It's been three weeks straight since I restarted my prayer time, and I am so happy to see that I have yet to miss a single day. The couples household has (I hope) seen a major facelift courtesy of Roselle and myself under God's direction. Everything's great. Just great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home