Vash - in this journey called Life

A soldier of love and peace. Let me share the events of my journey, and as my journey intersects with the journeys of the people in my life, I will share their journeys as well.

5.15.2008

Tired but Thankful

It's been a brutal two weeks.

Wednesday last week, an enterprise-wide technical problem erupted. The damage was so massive that IT specialists were working round-the-clock with no rest in an effort to restore the service. I didn't get any work done last week because all I did was focus on that issue.

Friday evening. I had a schedule date with Eric. We were in the middle of a very nice conversation when I received an SMS from my boss. The message shocked me. I had to report to work during the weekends! A million things ran across my mind, mostly questions on why I had to be there. But then, it's not like I have a choice in the matter.

I spent Saturday and Sunday in the office.

Monday. Despite seven hours of sleep, I felt groggy. I dragged myself to work. The workplace was hell. No chance to brood on my current state. I needed to work.

Tuesday. Ninth day at work. By now I was really in a foul mood. Good thing the day passed by quickly, and I found myself in Don Bosco for our prayer meeting. Words of the Lord for that night: Pray always, be thankful always.

And then it hit me. I was complaining so much about work, I forgot that there are millions out there who would do anything just to get a job. I realized, this work keeps me going. It pays my bills, fills my stomach, grants me shelter, helps me live a decent life. After that night, I felt considerably better.

Wednesday. Tenth day at work. It's a lot more quiet compared to the previous days. Then the most unlikely email crept into my mailbox. My boss was pleading with the officers to take their CTOs! It made me feel a whole lot better knowing that he understands what we've been through. After checking with my senior, I told my boss that I was taking the Thursday off. He readily agreed.

Today is Thursday. I slept for about 9 hours. I woke up feeling very refreshed. Ate my breakfast, watched three episodes of Naruto while downloading the last 3 episodes of Smallville season 7. Right now, I'm immersed in another issue at work while writing this entry. In another place and time, this would have been extremely irritating. But I'm at home and I'm very relaxed. I don't mind. I'm working and resting and having fun all at the same time. It can't get any better than that...I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home