Vash - in this journey called Life

A soldier of love and peace. Let me share the events of my journey, and as my journey intersects with the journeys of the people in my life, I will share their journeys as well.

7.12.2011

Cebu, And A Look Back at the Year That Was

Hello my friend we meet again. It's been a while, where should we begin? ~ My Sacrifice (Creed)


Nearly three years and I suddenly remember to visit you and update you, my dear blog. Why is that? That is because I am here in Cebu, alone in the room, killing time.

This is my fourth Cebu assignment since I started working as a training consultant. But wait, we're getting way ahead...

February 2010. I decided I've stayed in Aegis PeopleSupport long enough. I joined this great company way back in December 2000 as a technical support representative. Nine years and two months later, I was gone. Off to a new adventure. Pursuing a job that has eluded me since 2003. A job as a trainer.

Resigning back then was a huge leap of faith. I prayed for it long and hard. Went through finances. Consulted my wife. Armed with only my faith in God and assurance from my wife, I decided to quit my high-paying job as a Servicedesk Lead and venture into the unknown. No job was waiting for me. But the deed was done, and by the first week of April, I had completed my more-than-30-days notice. It was an irrevocable resignation. No going back. Goodbye PeopleSupport. My journey with you was a blast, but alas, I have to move on.

Phoenix One decided to give me a chance as a training consultant. I had zero training background. All I had was a desire to train people. Last May 2010, I attended a series of train-the-trainer (T3) sessions for accreditation to be an Accenture trainer. Despite being a novice, I managed to pass all the teachback sessions. Ironically, as I look back, I was the only trainer in that batch who got the chance to apply what I had learned. Turns out that the other trainers were from vendors who were very new to Accenture. God was truly faithful, and I was grateful.

Fast forward to July 2011. It has been 13 months since my very first class. I am happy to see myself as a facilitator/trainer of several disciplines. I teach technical, professional, leadership, and communication courses. I cater to all of the workforces of Accenture. Although I don't specialize in any particular discipline, I'm just happy that I am finally on the track that I have been dreaming of for seven years. Aside from corporate trainings, I have also experienced giving various talks to SOLV and CFC Singles for Christ and even one talk for Pag-Asa ng Pamilya, daddy's scholarship foundation. I have much to learn, but bring it on, I am where God wants me to be.

As I wind down this article, munch on my cookies, and gulp my milk, I look to the future. One day I will join the ranks of Bobby Q, Bo Sanchez, Alvin Barcelona, as a professional speaker. All in God's time.

***
Thank you Lord for this nice room. Two beds, a refrigerator, and no one to share it with me. I miss my wife, but I will make the most of this time by spending it with You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home