Weathering the storm
Finally, a few weeks after holy week, the "penitensya" is over! Things are back to normal, more or less, at the helpdesk scene. Everyone's smiling again and we could all afford to goof around a bit. No more forced OT for me and no more working on my rest days. I even had the time to do some HR-type of work, interviewing prospective OJT people from Ateneo, UPLB, UST, and San Beda. Hehehe, the fact that I'm doing a lot of administrative tasks nowadays really shows that everything's okay. I hope I'm not speaking too soon.
The reinforcements that I spoke of are here. We have one new helpdesk analyst, an internal intern, and tomorrow, we'll have one OJ trainee from San Beda. Our last helpdesk analyst will arrive on May 1. That should give me enough time to mentor the newest analyst before the last one arrives. It's going to be a busy two weeks.
Our family vacation has been moved to a month later. I was really looking forward to it this weekend, but circumstances beyond our control forced us to postpone our trip. Oh well. "Postpone" is a lot more acceptable compared to "Cancel". Looking on the bright side, I can now attend SOLV's crossroads retreat this weekend. Still, I can't help but wish I was spending the weekend in the land of the elephants...
Roselle's back in the graveyard shift. Bummer.
Business isn't doing so well. Actually, it's really bad right now. So bad that our group is thinking of doing some drastic measures, including a complete turn-around and entering a totally different line of business, away from food. It's demoralizing at times but I find solace in the fact that I'm learning a lot as I go on. And I also have time on my side. I'm still young so whatever losses I incur right now can still be recovered. Hmm, lots of things to think about in my upcoming retreat, hehe.
Vash - in this journey called Life

1 Comments:
hi kiko, why hasn't business been good? don't worry, di naman kasi talaga yan earning kaagad. but you must also know when to back out, esp pag luging-lugi na talaga :)
Post a Comment
<< Home