Abundance of grace part 2
Roselle's cousin Pam just arrived from the US last sunday and she invited us to go eat with her. The original choice was Dampa but was not accepted because it was too far. We decided to have dinner at Bubba Gump at Greenbelt 3. The food was great and as usual I ate till my stomach was near bursting. I was no longer in the mood for dessert but I got one anyway. The Bubba Gump crew had a trivia game about the movie Forrest Gump and there were four tables competing. First to get 3 correct answers got a free dessert. I managed to answer 2 of the questions before losing out to the other table that had a father and 3 kids. Man, losing to those kids was humiliating, but it's okay. We did get a free dessert as a consolation price. It was a vanilla strawberry sherbet, and I just tasted it. I'm not a strawberry fan so I left the sherbet to Roselle (who seemed to be the only one who still had enough space in her tummy ^_^). I went home really stuffed and really sleepy. Free dinners are great.
Three days later it was another free dinner. Pam invited an old friend to join us this time. Dinner was at Masas, a Filipino cuisine restaurant in Greenbelt 2. We had tuna belly, squid, clams, sinigang, and more than enough rice. We swept all the viands clean so Pam ordered extra servings of tuna belly and squid. Burp! We decided to have dessert at Cafe Breton. With my tummy almost at the breaking point, I decided against ordering a crepe and settled for a chocolate milkshake. The others ordered coffee. And by the time we parted ways, I could hardly move well because I was so bloated. Ayayayay...

I finally got the check for the SSS loan I applied for a few weeks back. The amount I got was enough to buy me a decent tv or a low-end PC. I'm really at a loss as to what to do with it. I didn't really need the money. I just followed my mother's advice and took out a loan as a security measure. I was told that if an account was untouched for a long time, some unscrupulous people at SSS would use the account to take out loans, and by the time I really needed to make a loan, I would be denied. So okay, I applied for a loan, got a check, now what? I'm toying with the idea of buying a new CPU with a souped up video card so I can play 3D games but I'm still thinking if it's worth it. I mean, buy a new machine just for the games? Hmm...

I'm back to playing my favorite RPGs using my emulator. Right now I'm playing Shining Force. It's a very long game and I've been at it for weeks now, spending at least one hour per sitting. Hehehe, while the world is waiting for the next generation gaming consoles, I'm using an emulator to play games 10 years old already. ^_^
Vash - in this journey called Life

1 Comments:
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »
Post a Comment
<< Home